TRAIL 50 MAPAWA, The Beautiful and Challenging Trail Race in Southern Philippines: Registration is Now Open!
Registration for the Trail 50 Mapawa is now open! The Mapawa Trail Series is the culmination of the 2018 series which started with its shorter distance races: the Trail Run Mapawa in April and Trail Marathon Mapawa in July. MAPAWA NATURE PARK is ready to welcome trail ultrarunners on Sunday, October 28, 2018.
Trail runners shall enjoy an abundance of breathtaking waterfalls, exquisite mountain views, century old trees, and lush flora and fauna. Mapawa Nature Park is a natural haven with challenging terrains that is perfect for the adventure-seeking trail runners.
Mapawa’s Trail Ultramarathon (formerly Ultra Trail Mapawa) is one of the first ultramarathon trail races in the Southern part of the Philippines. For 2018, a longer 50 Miles distance is mapped to give more challenge to its trail visitor. While pushing themselves, runners shall enjoy a longer tour on foot of the huge nature haven inside Mapawa.
Runners may also register for the 50K distance which has been a race that is flocked by elite runners Manolito Divina, Wilnar Iglesia, Kristian Jorgensen, Majo Liao and Sandi Menchi, among others. The race is also one of the local races where runners from the South also have made their historic debut in trail ultrarunning including the rising trail start in Asia, John Ray Onifa.
The 50 Miles and 50 K categories have four (4) and three (3) UTMB points, respectively. Runners will also earn 100 Finisher’s Points and 400 Performance Points from Asia Trail Masters, with the 50Miles distance earning them one Grandmaster’s Quest point race. Join the race and see for yourself why it is one of the rated A-race in the ATM series.
For trail enthusiasts, the 15K side event registration is also open
Go to https://register.raceyaya.com/events/trail-fifty-mapawa-2018 and be part of this iconic race in Mindanao.
WATCH LAST YEAR’S EVENT COVERAGE BY RACEYAYA
ABOUT MAPAWA NATURE PARK:
Mapawa Nature Park is a natural oasis just 30 minutes away from the city. It is operated by the Emmanuel Pelaez Ranch Incorporated (EPRI). The nature park is just one of the many projects that are being done to educate and inspire people on the importance of caring for the environment. Tucked away in the mountains of Malasag, Cagayan de Oro, Mapawa Nature Park is a part of a 2,500-hectare property that is protected, conserved and sustainably managed. Mapawa Nature Park has something for you to experience and enjoy. It is a perfect venue for a race-cation away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
RACE RULES AND REGULATIONS
RACE KIT CLAIMING
Race kit claiming will start at 5pm October 26 at Ayala Centrio Mall and at 11am-3pm on October 27 in Mapawa Nature Park Event Activity Area. Please present the following:
1) Valid ID with birthdate. This should bear the same name as your registered name on the application form. Please check the start list published in the website before race day to validate your entry details. For concerns, please send us an email.
2) Submission of a valid medical certificate (taken within 6 months from race day) upload on or before October 20, 2018.
3) Signed copy of Waiver (Forms will be provided at the Race Kit Claiming Area.)
3) Race Kit Claiming Photo – Please proceed to the designated area and have your photo taken with your race bib.
Race briefing will start at 6pm October 26 at Ayala Centrio Mall Activity Area.
There will be one drop bag station at 25K (50K) and at 47K (for 50Miles)
Drop bags may be deposited during the race briefing on October 26 at Ayala Centrio Mall or at the Mapawa Nature Park Event Activity Area from 11 am to 3 pm on Saturday, October 27. Please label your drop bag prominently with your name and bib number.
Drop bags should not be larger than 12″ x 18″ and not more than 3 kilos.
Please do NOT leave any valuables, such as keys, iPods, cell phones, and jewelry in your drop bag.
Trail Mapawa 50 is NOT responsible for the loss of any drop bag.
Approximate time of drop bag availability at the finish line is at 3pm of October 28, 2018. Any unclaimed drop bags on race evening will be donated to charity on Monday following the race.
STARTING LINE CHECK-IN
All runners must check in at the start line at least an hour and a half before the gun start to have their mandatory gear inspected and RaceYaya bracelet checked in. Runners without the mandatory gears and night time safety equipment will not be allowed to run. Race Check in closes at 11:30pm for 50miles and 50k and at 5:30am for 15K.
AID STATION AND CUT-OFFS
There will be 7 Aid Stations along the race course for 50miles and 50K and 3 Aid Stations for 15K, runners must be self-sufficient in between each Aid Station and should not seek outside support. Runners must bring their own water bottle or hydration packs to ensure proper hydration all throughout the race. Personal drinking cup is required as no paper cups will be used during the race. To avoid littering, bringing of water in single use PET bottles/Mineral Water Bottle is also prohibited.
Gunstart and Cut-off Time
50Miles/50km: October 28, at 12 mn
15km: October 28 at 6am
Runners should check-in one hour before their respective gun starts.
50Miles: 21 Hours
50Miles Intermediate cut off time
- AS 2 (Hagpasun) 25K – 8 hours/8am
- AS 4 (Koreano) 47K – 14hours/2pm
- AS 6 (Dansol Lihon) 68k – 18 hours/6pm
50Km: 15 Hours
50Km Intermediate cut off time
- AS 3 (Koreano) 30K at 9 hours/9am
15km: 5 hours
Runners who fail to arrive and leave at the checkpoints within the stipulated cut-off times will not be allowed to continue.
Awarding will start at 9:00am
By entering the race, each runner undertakes to bring with him/her all the mandatory items as listed below throughout the race.
Failure to do so will result in application of the time penalties or disqualification at the discretion of the race organizer.
50miles/50km Runners: Each runner must be self-contained/ self-reliant, complete with the following mandatory items:
- Hydration bottle/ pack (at least 1.5 Liters for 50 miles and 1L for 50K) with water
- Trail food
- Emergency blanket
- Cellular Phone
- Drinking Cup
- First aid kit
- Fully charged cellular phone with load
- Poncho/light jacket (optional)
- Small Cash (optional)
15Km Runners Each runner must be self-contained/ self-reliant, complete with the following mandatory items:
- Hydration bottle/pack (at least 500 ml) with water
- Trail food
- Cellular Phone
- Drinking Cup
- Fully charged cellular phone with load
NO SINGLE USE PET BOTTLES ALLOWED.
NOTE: These mandatory items will be check upon checked-in at the starting line and will be randomly checked during the race for the 50M/50Km runners.
Race Rules and Regulations:
- No pacers or outside support are allowed.
- Littering is strictly prohibited. There will be garbage/ trash bags located at the aid stations. Violation of this rule will mean outright disqualification from the race.
- Trails will be clearly marked and marshals will be posted specially on the critical points along the course. All runners should run only on the marked trails. NO SHORTCUTS. Violation means outright disqualification from the race.
- Participants who will come in more than 10 minutes late from the gunstart will not be allowed to race anymore.
- Race bibs must be worn in front of each runner.
- Trekking poles are allowed to use during the race.
- Baggage counter is available at the starting line.
- Drop bags must be properly secured and marked with the runner’s name, race number and event. Organizers will not be responsible for any loss or breakages.
Drop bag Stations will be at 25th (50K) and 47th kilometre (50miles)
Drop Bag Collection: October 27, 2018, Saturday, 10:00AM – 5:00 PM, Mapawa Nature Park.
Bags must not weigh more than three kilos. Excess must be removed.
- In case a runner decided not to continue with the race, they must inform the nearest aid station or marshal. Runner who fails to notify the organizers immediately, thereby setting in motion a search and rescue operation by the rescue staff will be liable to pay for the cost thereof.
- SUPPORT CREW, FAMILY MEMBERS, SPECTATORS: are not allowed to go or roam inside the race course, they are also not allowed to give food, water, or any kind of support anywhere on the race course except in the activity area. Only the race officials, marshals, official photographer or media men are allowed to go inside the race course.
- The Race Director reserves the right to modify the course, rules and regulations under some circumstances for the safety of all runners.
- Written Protest should be made within 1 hour after the cut-off time in case there’s complaint against cheating or violation of rules. A protest fee of P500 will be collected to process the complaint.
The Race Director’s decision is final and non-appealable.
Complaints, especially on the podium finishers, must be made in writing with sufficient proof and should be submitted to the race organizer before the awarding ceremony. Post-race complaints may be emailed to [email protected] with complete evidence.
CHANGES TO THE ROUTE, CUT-OFF TIMES AND CANCELLATION OF THE RACE
1) The organizer reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice, to make changes to the route and checkpoints/water station points or to the cut-off times.
2) In the event of adverse weather conditions, the start of the race may be postponed or delayed.
3) The organizer reserves the right to make changes to or eliminate certain stretches of the route.
Each participant expressly foregoes his/her image rights for the photos taken for the duration of the race and undertakes not to take any action against the organizers.
ACCOMODATIONS AND ACTIVITIES INSIDE MAPAWA NATURE PARK
HOW TO GET THERE